|The Cosmelan Peel is a highly effective, non-invasive procedure designed to eliminate blemishes caused by excess melanin in the skin. Acting deep within the cells that are responsible for producing excess melanin, treatments target the source of pigment formation to deliver a rapidly clearer, brighter and more radiant complexion. Highly effective for all kinds of skin blemishes, an improvement can be seen on all types of hyperpigmentation, including that caused by sun exposure, acne, ageing and hormone fluctuations.|
Cosmelan is the world’s leading depigmentation treatment which incorporates a two-phase, intensive treatment program to reduce unwanted pigmentation in the skin. The treatment is highly effective for all kinds of skin blemishes including melasma, chloasma, pregnancy blemishes, sunspots & more).
What are the benefits of Cosmelan?
- A reduction in all types of skin pigmentation including melasma & post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Increased skin luminosity
- Evens skin tone
- Inhibition of the formation of melanin
- Increased collagen production
Is there any pre-treatment preparation required?
To prepare your skin for the Cosmelan Peel, two weeks prior to your treatment, you will begin with a complimentary Lactic Acid Peel in clinic to ensure your skin is well hydrated (there is no discomfort or downtime involved).
What does the treatment & post care involve?
- On the day of your treatment, your skin will be cleansed, followed by the application of the Cosmelan 1 Peel to your whole face. The peel will then be left on for 8-12 hours (depending on your skin type). There is no discomfort while the peel is on, however, once removed, your skin will gradually start to become red and plump due to blood flushing to the area. This will feel like a mild sunburn, meaning the process of skin shedding and wound healing has been stimulated.
- By the end of day two, your skin should start to peel, which is when the pigmented lesions are ejected from the skin through the shedding process.
- A complimentary hydrating facial & Healite treatment will be performed in clinic 48-72 hours post peel to help calm, soothe, and speed up the healing process. Besides the warmth and redness, the skin will be quite tight and dry but with minimal discomfort.
- The second phase of the Cosmelan treatment takes place 72 hours post peel with the application of the Cosmelan 2 cream. Cosmelan 2 is a tyrosinase inhibitor, which works by sedating the production of excess melanin. You will continue using this every morning and evening for the next four weeks, along with your prescribed homecare regime which consists of a cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen (included in the cost of the treatment).
- The appearance of the skin will continue to improve post treatment, as long as a prescribed active skincare routine is maintained. Cosmelan 2 is to be used once a day and will be needed for as long as you want to keep the pigmented lesions under control (it is advised to take a break for one month every six months). SPF50+ sunscreen is also essential to protect the skin from the sun.